Zitti is a pre-seed startup reinventing how restaurants do B2B.
The uncertain pandemic landscape has exposed the need for restaurants to adopt better technology, yet current innovations target only B2C (i.e. Toast, DoorDash, Postmates) - not B2B.
The current process of transacting with suppliers is antiquated and disadvantageous for restaurants.
Huge addressable market - $721B is expected to be generated by restaurants in the US in 2021, and that figure is expected to get closer to the pre-pandemic level of $850B+ by the end of 2022.
US restaurants spend ~$260B on foodservice suppliers annually.
What we're building
Zitti is a B2B marketplace for restaurants and suppliers. Think "Faire for restaurants".
- Zitti's payments foundation, built on Stripe, will streamline workflow
- Digitized payments processes: restaurants will manage all their accounts payable documents and transactions in one place, paying suppliers through our dedicated digital storefronts.
- Net 60-day terms: restaurants can order all the ingredients and supplies they need now and pay 60 days later. Net 60-day limit is determined based on cash flow throughout integration with Plaid.
Zitti dual-sided marketplace will allow restaurants to discover better pricing and quality by featuring digital storefronts for every supplier in their distribution region
- Suppliers will get paid quicker and gain discoverability to new restaurant customers.
- Zitti’s network of restaurants will gain increased buying power, which is typically reserved for the big restaurant chains
Zitti helps restaurants save time and money so they can focus on doing what they love.
Why we care:
Zitti is personal: Our founder, Dante DiCicco, grew up in the restaurant business. Dante’s immigrant family has owned and operated nearly 20 Italian restaurants since 1956. Dante is currently opening his own franchise of the family business, and he created Zitti to run his restaurant more effectively, and to empower other restaurateurs to do the same.
ABOUT the role
- You will be on the front-lines of both new product initiatives as well as iterations on our core platform
- As an Engineering Manager, you will be overseeing projects of varying scope and complexity
- You’ll organize and direct cross-functional teams, while also being required to roll up your sleeves to write code as needed
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities for growth of our Engineering team
- Continuously push the boundaries of our tech stack while coaching Engineers on best practices, both internal and industry standard
- Work in an agile environment with weekly sprint plans
Compensation & Benefits:
- We want you to feel like an owner and that should be reflected in your salary and equity. We grant real stock instead of options.
- The best equipment you need to work. We encourage engineers to build their own PCs if they like!
- A good work-life balance: we do our best work when we're balanced.
- Flexible vacation and work hours. We don't adopt conventional work practices that are meaningless for the type of work we do.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Great colleagues: we share core values of being Kind, Creative, and Smart. We want you to make a footprint on our culture.
Zitti is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Zitti, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Zitti is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- You have a good sense of engineering fundamentals, and are passionate about building high quality software. We believe people should love doing the work they do.
- You are experienced with building web applications, and keep up with the latest and greatest in the space. We want you to help us be at the cutting edge of the modern web.
You will thrive if you:
- Possess a strong sense of accountability for the success of one’s team
- Take ownership of personal growth and instill a habit of continuous self-development amongst others
- Have a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Display independent leadership, with a proven track record of the ability to identify and solve problems without much guidance
- Not afraid to stand up for both your team and the organization if you feel decisions are not in the best intentions of either
- Are Interested in our core domain - finance, technology, and marketing analytics - experience as an entrepreneur is a big plus
Are excited to help identify new technologies and approaches to problems
- Have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field
- Have 3+ years managing Software Engineering teams, with a focus on building high-visibility products
- Have 5+ years of experience building web applications with technologies like (but not limited to): React and Node
- Have a proven track record of scaling web applications on top of large, distributed systems with technologies like (but not limited to): RabbitMQ, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL