Zitti is a pre-seed startup reinventing how restaurants do B2B.
The uncertain pandemic landscape has exposed the need for restaurants to adopt better technology, yet current innovations target only B2C (i.e. Toast, DoorDash, Postmates) - not B2B.
The current process of transacting with suppliers is antiquated and disadvantageous for restaurants.
Huge addressable market - $721B is expected to be generated by restaurants in the US in 2021, and that figure is expected to get closer to the pre-pandemic level of $850B+ by the end of 2022.
US restaurants spend ~$260B on foodservice suppliers annually.
What we're building
Zitti is a B2B marketplace for restaurants and suppliers. Think "Faire for restaurants".
- Zitti's payments foundation, built on Stripe, will streamline workflow
- Digitized payments processes: restaurants will manage all their accounts payable documents and transactions in one place, paying suppliers through our dedicated digital storefronts.
- Net 60-day terms: restaurants can order all the ingredients and supplies they need now and pay 60 days later. Net 60-day limit is determined based on cash flow throughout integration with Plaid.
Zitti dual-sided marketplace will allow restaurants to discover better pricing and quality by featuring digital storefronts for every supplier in their distribution region
- Suppliers will get paid quicker and gain discoverability to new restaurant customers.
- Zitti’s network of restaurants will gain increased buying power, which is typically reserved for the big restaurant chains
Zitti helps restaurants save time and money so they can focus on doing what they love.
Why we care:
Zitti is personal: Our founder, Dante DiCicco, grew up in the restaurant business. Dante’s immigrant family has owned and operated nearly 20 Italian restaurants since 1956. Dante is currently opening his own franchise of the family business, and he created Zitti to run his restaurant more effectively, and to empower other restaurateurs to do the same.
ABOUT the role
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to join Zitti Inc!
- Own every aspect of the design process through ideation, definition, exploration, and execution
- Craft above-and-beyond design solutions that fulfills users’ needs while accounting for technical feasibility
- Conceive of innovative new features and pitch those features to the exec and engineering teams
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the exec and engineering teams
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design decisions across various projects
- Gather and evaluate user requirements and behavior
- Conduct user research
- Own and improve aspects of our platform
Compensation & Benefits:
- We want you to feel like an owner and that should be reflected in your salary and equity. We grant real stock instead of options.
- The best equipment you need to work. We encourage engineers to build their own PCs if they like!
- A good work-life balance: we do our best work when we're balanced.
- Flexible vacation and work hours. We don't adopt conventional work practices that are meaningless for the type of work we do.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Great colleagues: we share core values of being Kind, Creative, and Smart. We want you to make a footprint on our culture.
Zitti is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Zitti, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Zitti is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- An expert communicator who can effectively communicate a design and vision through text, speech, and imagery
- Ability to prototype interactive experiences
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Expertise in contributing and creating Systems Design
- A creative thinker who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to discover the right UX solutions iteratively
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward your products
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent years of work experience
- Proven years of UX/product design experience for mobile-optimized web or desktop applications
- Highly proficient in Figma, Principle or similar tools
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products
- Technical background or familiarity with software engineering