Waev is a best-in-class guest engagement platform for the hospitality industry. By equipping bars and restaurants with captivating table-top screens that engage and delight guests, we lift average check size, drive repeat business, boost loyalty signups, and more. We subsidize venue investment by offering promotional spots to brands, creating a coveted win-win business model.
Waev is backed by leading VCs, founders of unicorn ($1B+) startups, and Fortune 500 CEOs. Our rockstar team comprises leading minds in restaurants, technology, and digital advertising.
ABOUT the role
Waev’s Strategic Operations Lead: You are a rising star ready to tackle a challenging and rewarding opportunity. You are seeking a position that lets you unleash your full potential while expanding your role and responsibilities as the company multiplies. You are equal parts strategic/organized and entrepreneurial/fast paced. You’re action-oriented, which makes you comfortable with hard deadlines, chaos, and ambiguity. You are the kind of person who can start with a blank slate, develop strategy, organize activities, and execute. You would describe yourself as a ‘Swiss Army Knife’.
As an early member of our Operations team, you are responsible for helping build and execute our strategy for supporting thousands of venues nationwide. This incorporates all physical elements of the Waev platform, including the supply chain, installation, and maintenance of our hardware and supporting elements. You will report directly to our CEO.
- Help build and execute the plan for scaling Waev nationwide
- Develop project plans for all pilots and rollouts, with particular attention to ensuring venue teams are informed and excited about Waev
- Develop standardized processes for display installation
- Map inventory needs and warehousing solutions as we expand Waev nationally
- Maintain >99% uptime for deployed units, building systems to ensure maintenance issues are addressed within 48 hours
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers (US-based and abroad)
- Maintain financial projections for the Operations team
- Ensure effective marketing program execution through the development of case studies and best-in-class reporting
- Continuously assess what works and what’s broken — and actively find solutions and implement changes to our procedures to raise our bar of execution
- Great teammate and team player
- Growth mindset; excited to join a rocket ship on the ground floor
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Action-oriented, assertive, self-starter, takes initiative
- Undaunted by difficult problems, comfortable with occasional long hours, and poised under pressure — optimistic all the while
- Phenomenal organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Systematic, loves to build processes, superb project management skills
- Data savvy; excited to build performance measurement systems, uncover insights, and turn those insights into actionable strategies in the field
- Articulate and confident; able to engage with clients and partners, ranging from senior corporate leaders to local venue teams
- Tech savvy; able to understand the core technical components of Waev’s offering
- Hands-on experience in business operations