At present, you have to create an account with each financial app, fill out forms, submit documents such as your ID and then deposit money. This is also a lot of work for the back offices of financial services.
We are on a mission to change this by making it easier to connect money and data to your blockchain wallet. We believe that the blockchain wallet will become a single sign-on for finance. Kind of like sign in with Google or Facebook, but with way more features.
ABOUT the role
Transak is looking for an experienced Finance expert to handle group Finance across the UK, India, and the USA. This role will be remote-first in the USA, preferably in New York or Miami.
This is a key role and will not just involve managing external bookkeeping and accounting, as well as managerial accounting reporting, and setting up the finance operations, budgeting, and policies.
This is a critical and high-profile position that will play a crucial role and will report directly to the CEO.
- Liaise with external accountants to set up, implement, and manage the payroll and accounting system
- Maintain managerial accounting reports for company strategy and decision-making
- Analyse cryptocurrency wallets and managing software engineers to automate the accounting of crypto transactions
- Liaise with external accountants to prepare tax filings in the USA, UK, and India
- Coordinate audit support and review filings with external auditors, and senior members of the finance team
- Assess tax implication of contracts
- Work with operation and compliance team to ensure the compliance of local rules and regulations
- Document and compile necessary reporting whilst liaising with external auditors
- Support Investor Relations with timely deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Oversee of hiring and management of finance and accounting team
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardise and streamline processes
- Financial institutions / Fintech / crypto Background
CFA/CPA is a plus
- Minimum five (5) years of experience at relevant positions
- Comfortable with international work, including USA, and the UK
- Experience with scaling from Series A/B stage
- Experience with accounting software, payroll procedures, and management systems