We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to help revolutionize car ownership. As the founding product designer, you will work closely with our founders to shape the vision and direction for an industry-molding vehicle management system. The ideal candidate will have deep experience walking a mile in their customers' shoes, and a proven track record of translating insights into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Lifecycles of car ownership are a human-intensive experience. If we want to revolutionize how each phase of car ownership functions, it is equally a product problem as it is a human understanding problem.
What makes the ideal candidate tick?
- Passionate - Cares deeply about their work and its impact. Passion is energizing and infectious...when we want to motivate each other to do our best work, it starts with passion.
- Fearless Exploration - You have an informed point-of-view regarding design and consider the end-to-end customer journey. You love to quickly generate design sketches and ideas, exploring many ways to solve the problem.
- Growth mindset - Being okay with not knowing something — we can learn, change, and adapt to new information. No one is perfect and as we build this company we all need to learn and grow together.
- Relatability - a natural understanding of human behavior and passion for translating this understanding into a delightful and visually appealing product experience for the end-user.
- Humbly talented - We're not just looking for smart people. You bring everyone else up with you — you quickly realize when you’re wrong, and you do it without an ego.
- Embrace failure - Knowing what doesn't work is just as important as what does. The quicker we learn what does and doesn't work, the quicker we build amazing products.
- Collaborate with founders to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final pixel perfect hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, lead workshops, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to the team
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
You will spearhead RevvUp's vehicle management software with the CEO and steer the product direction with the founding team. This means that you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in UX design and a portfolio that showcases historical IC work in addition to any design leadership work
- Highly independent, takes initiative, and direct with feedback (both giving & receiving)
- Able to articulate design/product decisions in the context of business constraints/needs and portfolio case studies are centered around real user problems backed by formal or informal user research
- Hands-on experience designing UX from conception to minimum viable products to scaled launch & adoption
- Positive experience at an early stage startup is a bonus – indicates familiarity with the pace at which the business needs to move and how tradeoffs are evaluated
- Portfolio demonstrates experience with complexity and thoughtful prioritization of interface hierarchy. Timeframes of case studies will be helpful to understand work pace.
- Strong experience with UX tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Equity - 0.25% - 0.75%
- Cash - $120k - $175k
- Healthcare - full coverage for medical, dental, and vision policies. We also cover 50% of dependents.
- Time off - flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Lunch - team lunch 2x per week.
- Goodies - a new MacBook Pro and whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning - learning and development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career (e.g. iOS courses in Udemy, O'Reilly books on React).
- Seat at the table - come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact in shaping the direction of the company.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Revv Up means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately work in a place that is representative of the world we live in.