We're looking for a full-stack engineer who is ready to learn, be mentored, and help build the foundation of our product and early software team. This person will be a critical and influential team member, working directly with our early team to build an industry-changing solution unlike anything else on the market today.
Are you ready to redefine a category that impacts nearly every single person? We need a motivated engineer to help build and architect how this gets done.
What makes the ideal candidate tick?
- Passionate - Cares deeply about their work and its impact. Passion is energizing and infectious... when we want to motivate each other to do our best work, it starts with passion.
- Independence - Understanding how to operate in ambiguity and bring projects from start to completion without technical hand holding.
- Fearlessly Curious - Asking "what if" instead of "what exists" yields much more interesting products: Pinterest, Tumbler, Velcro.
- Growth mindset - Being okay with not knowing something — we can learn, change, and adapt to new information. No one is perfect and as we build this company we all need to learn and grow together.
- Humbly talented - We're not just looking for smart people. You bring everyone else up with you — you quickly realize when you’re wrong, and you do it without an ego.
- Embrace failure - Knowing what doesn't work is just as important as what does. The quicker we learn what does and doesn't work, the quicker we build amazing products.
You will be mentored by CTO directly (the reason we have a hybrid model in NYC) to build RevvUp's operations management software and steer product direction.
- Full-Stack software development experience - we judge by work not time (e.g. ReactJS, Node, Python, Java).
- Experience with:
- Web modern frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc).
- Taking features + products from scratch to delivery.
- Building end-to-end solutions that include front-end and back-end work.
- Good fundamentals with proficiency in one or more languages such as React, Node, C/C++, Python, or similar languages.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals of agile development.
It's early on so you will be responsible for some of the choices we make down the line (e.g. should we be adding Typescript? Great!). At the moment, our V1 is in:
- React, ReactNative, node, Python3
- We run various flavors of serverless on the Google Cloud Platform, make use of Pub/Sub and task queues, and use PostgreSQL for our relational data store.
- We ship continuously and we deploy our site every time a pull request merges to master.
- Equity - 0.15% - 0.35%
- Cash - $85k - $110k
- Healthcare - medical, dental, and vision policies. We also cover 50% of dependents.
- Time off - flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Lunch - team lunch 2x per week.
- Goodies - a new MacBook Pro and whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning - learning and development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career (e.g. iOS courses in Udemy, O'Reilly books on React).
- Seat at the table - come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact in shaping the direction of the company.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at RevvUp means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately work in a place that is representative of the world we live in.