Read more about working at Potion here.
👀 What We're Seeking
We're looking for a versatile and experienced software engineer to lead the development of our web-based application that allows customers to collect R&D data and query our AI models to simulate lab experiments and create entire optimized formulas. You will work directly with the founders and a small team of engineers, and as the very first employee, you will have tremendous say and impact on the direction and prospects of our company.
🧑💻 What You'll Be Doing
- Taking ownership of full stack development and working alongside other engineers on web applications (end-to-end experience with React.js and Node.js preferred, though we welcome anyone with interest in learning new tech stacks)
- Establishing continuous deployment of automated build, test, and release pipelines
- Contributing to product road-mapping alongside the founding team and prioritizing features according to customer needs
- Taking on an entrepreneurial mentality to independently identify and pursue opportunities for the organization
🎨 Your Existing Skills
- You are a pleasure to be around / work with and have high levels of self-awareness and empathy combined with a strong work ethic
- You are a curious person with a strong desire to grow. You are passionate about solving complex problems in a rapidly changing environment and have an interest in keeping up with emerging technologies
- You have made major contributions to full-stack engineering projects, preferably having started from scratch and worked through all phases of product development, from planning and design to execution and release
- You are highly self-directed and resourceful, with experience working on collaborative teams and translating technical language and concepts to non-technical people
- You have hands-on experience working with automated release pipelines (bonus for an AI/ML environment)
- You have the ability to design and implement automated testing to ensure the production of robust code (CI/CD, Gitlab, Github, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- You are proficient in server-side code and the design of web applications (e.g., APIs, source system extraction, deserialization, microservices, etc.)
- You exhibit a willingness to test, learn, and iterate by validating new features and quickly moving on if they don't work
😍 Bonus points
- You have experience or interest in chemistry, AI, enterprise SaaS, or an end market in which we operate (e.g., beauty)
- You value design and would enjoy building a web application that has the complexity of enterprise software combined with the user experience of best-in-class consumer products
- You have been in a "tech lead" position in the past and have experience with hiring & management of engineers
- You have experience in or exposure to ML engineering
- You have experience interfacing and collaborating with B2B clients and have a desire to continue doing so
- You have opinions on company culture!
Potion is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value the power of diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.