Read more about working at Potion here.
👀 What We're Seeking
The Chief of Staff is a critical role and unique opportunity for someone who is interested in shaping the trajectory of a promising early-stage startup. You will be a force-multiplier for and thought partner to the founding team, having significant impact on the business from both a strategic and operational perspective.
You will report to the CEO and collaborate across all functional areas of our business. As the company scales, you will have the opportunity to transition into a significant leadership role or leverage our resources and network to start your own company / find your next endeavor.
🧑💻 What You'll Be Doing
- Developing strategic initiatives, building business and operational best-practices, and improving execution
- Analyzing opportunities, conducting research, developing go-forward plans, and translating recommendations into results
- Guiding the company towards scalable growth
- While we have our own ideas, your scope will include whatever you may see fit to push forward the speed and success of our organization
🎨 Your Existing Skills
- You are a pleasure to be around / work with and have high levels of self-awareness and empathy combined with a strong work ethic
- You are a curious person with a strong desire to grow. You are passionate about solving complex problems in a rapidly changing environment and have an interest in keeping up with emerging technologies
- You are highly self-directed and resourceful, with the ability and desire to foster a culture of collaboration and partnership across the company
- You are comfortable and enjoy working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- You are distinct in identifying problems, better-defining them, and executing to solve them
- You have a strong ability to research, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information
- You are willing to engage in both big picture thinking and day-to-day execution
- You are an exceptional writer and communicator, a strategic thinker, an independent leader who works effectively with limited direction
🎓 Your Existing Experience
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years at a top consultancy, investment bank, tech company, or early-stage startup
😍 Bonus Points
- You have experience or interest in chemistry, artificial intelligence, enterprise SaaS, or an end market in which we operate (e.g., beauty)
- You have experience interfacing and collaborating with B2B clients and have a desire to continue doing so
- You have opinions on company culture!
Potion is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value the power of diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.