Morpheus One is in stealth mode, a temporary state of secretiveness, which means you will find very little information about us on the internet. So let's start with some background:
- We are a fast-growing Silicon Valley startup with a global team of 30+ people expecting to double in size again within the next 6 months.
- We have physical offices in North America & Asia with a distributed team across Europe.
- Our platform personalizes experiences for 1.3M+ people per day from 190+ countries
- We are on ONE mission to build the world's most intuitive & intelligent commerce platform.
- Everything centers around building an amazing product that customers love & everything else comes second.
- Teaser: https://get.morpheusone.com
- Competitive salaries based on merit & experience
- Stock options for senior & lead roles
- M1 | Unlimited PTO | No Rules, Rules
- Company sponsored perks for learning, wellness, co-working space, and home office upgrade.
- Insurance Coverage (US & Taiwan)
Even Better Culture
- Flexible work culture: remote, office or both.
- Flat organization: you get 100% ownership of your deliverables.
- Making impactful decisions. Something you can only get when working with a startup team that values your opinions.
- Growth opportunities: peer mentorship, learning courses, and new openings/responsibilities as we are expanding.
- Virtual parties & celebrations: we bond outside of work in Happy Hours, workshops, and 1:1 coffee chats
- Our kitties and puppies. They make frequent appearance on our daily Zoom stand-ups.
ABOUT the role
This a full-time, long-term, fully remote position. This is both an IC and Lead (50-50) role.
Tech stack: Ruby on Rails (must have, backend) + Angular (core, frontend) + Vue + AWS (core) + PostgreSQL + Kafaka + GraphQL + REST
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Oversee the design and development of backend services and new features
- In charge of task assignment, team collaboration, onboarding and mentoring, and delivery progress of the engineering team
- Collaborate with the product and business teams to create user-focused experiences
- Be a self-starter and a team player keen on growing both technical and managerial skill sets within a fast paced environment
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- 4+ years of experience developing high-traffic SaaS products
- 2+ years of leading startup teams (preferably Series A to C startups)
- Experience aligning engineering teams to achieve excellent user experiences and company business goals in a lead role
- Proficient in our core stacks (RoR, Angular, AWS), MVC, Mocking, ORM, RESTful and GraphQL
- Ability to write high performance production quality code and do code review
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.