Small businesses make up 46% of the US private sector output, and historically represent 61.5% of new job creation. Mercantile is building new credit card products that are specifically designed for these businesses. We start by establishing a deep understanding of our customers and deliver customized solutions that are truly unique. Our products are designed to put money back into the pockets of small businesses so they can focus on serving their customers.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including First Round Capital, General Catalyst, SV Angel, 8VC, Inovia Capital, Commerce Ventures, BoxGroup, Operator Partners, and more.
ABOUT the role
Mercantile is looking for a hardworking and dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our expanding team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities. The Sales Development Representative is responsible for outbound sales activity to discover, nurture, and qualify net new business opportunities. Candidates that thrive in this role are action-oriented, creative, lifelong learners, strong communicators and love to win.
As an SDR at Mercantile, you will:
- Research accounts and contacts to develop compelling and tailored value propositions
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Maintain meticulous notes and tracking of accounts and engagement.
- Seamlessly handle prospect’s objections and educate them on Mercantile and our partnerships with MasterCard and Hatch Bank
- Hit your personal target of monthly Applications
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to share the Mercantile values, find opportunities, and generate interest
- Remote-first & flexible schedule
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision insurance
- Attend talks, conferences, and professional development events that interest you, and benefit your career growth
You could be a fit if you have:
- BA/BS or similar university level education
- A high desire to build a career in Sales
- Ability to work in fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level interactions with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- An interest in cold outreaching (cold call & cold email)
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
Bonus points if you have:
- Professional experience in high-stress environments (Law Enforcement, Military, Sports, Service Industries)
- Done cold outreach in previous roles
- Experience with CRM and sales tools
- Decide to call us to discuss the job before applying +1-514-882-4702