Launch House is a new kind of community for top founders and creators. We're a cross between SoHo House, Y Combinator, and WeWork — focused on bringing together high quality people and accelerating their careers through authentic connections.
Michael Houck (ex. Airbnb PM), Brett Goldstein (ex. Google M&A), and Jacob Peters (ex. Commsor cofounder) started Launch House in 2020 in response to the isolation felt during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are funded by a growing list of incredible community-minded investors like Flybridge Capital and Balaji Srinivasan.
ABOUT the role
We're looking for an experienced, community-minded engineer to lead our web3 projects. You'll be our first web3-focused engineering team member, and you'll have the option to join full-time or part-time. Either way, we won't stop you from contributing to other projects.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing entire projects from idea to launch
- Be a thought partner to our founding team — help drive our web3 strategy
- Fully integrate into the LH community and gain empathy for our community members' needs
- Be pushed to think about the future — should we become a DAO at some point?
- Ensure we're online and delivering on our promise of a quality community experience
We are a team of 10 and are committed to building a robust remote-friendly, diverse and inclusive workplace.
We use Slack, Discord, Notion, and Airtable to keep us moving fast and stay organized, and only have two weekly meetings: a Monday Kickoff and a casual Friday team chat that we call Tea Time 🍵.
Check out this video.
There are a lot of things to like about working at Launch House, here are a few:
- Serve some of the most incredible founders, influencers and investors every day
- Ground-floor opportunity — have a huge impact, ride the wave
- Stay in a Launch House location (currently LA and NYC) whenever you like
- Delicious food at Launch House (for locations that provide it)
- Infinite vacation so you can take a breather when you need to
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years experience as an engineer in startups or at a tech company
- Have 1+ years experience building in crypto
- Communicate well — strong written and verbal is a must
- Are detail-oriented — you're known to think through every possible scenario
- Care about quality — you take pride in what you build
- Can be autonomous — you can juggle a lot of different things and manage your time well
- Are comfortable with ambiguity — startups are unpredictable
- Deeply empathize — you love learning about people and what motivates them
You are a great fit if you:
- Have founded web3 projects in the past
- Have experience with cohort-based courses or communities
- Are in or can easily get to NYC or LA