Launch House is a new kind of community for top founders and creators. We're a cross between SoHo House, Y Combinator, and WeWork — focused on bringing together high quality people and accelerating their careers through authentic connections.
Michael Houck (ex. Airbnb PM), Brett Goldstein (ex. Google M&A), and Jacob Peters (ex. Commsor cofounder) started Launch House in 2020 in response to the isolation felt during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are funded by a growing list of incredible community-minded investors like Flybridge Capital and Balaji Srinivasan.
ABOUT the role
We're looking for an entrepreneurially-minded Community Manager to be the "CEO of the LA tech community" — lead IRL community, events, and platform for our flagship Founder Residency program in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles plus member experience for the greater Los Angeles Launch House community. The ideal candidate has a background working in the startup world and deep empathy for the founder journey!
- Manage the day-to-day operations and strategy of Launch House Beverly Hills - this includes the physical house, Residency program, events, and LA member experience.
- Build hundreds of new relationships with some of the most ambitious people in the world.
- Plan and execute weekly events for the current Launch House cohort, the Launch House member community and the broader LA tech and creator communities.
- Work with team and other partners to plan and execute larger-scale events with high-profile guests at Launch House and off site.
- Communicate with the current cohort and LA Launch House community via Discord, email and text.
- Leverage our product and remote operations teams to ensure a seamless experience — utilize URL to improve IRL.
- Coordinate with the landlord, cleaners, contractors, and other service workers to ensure the property is clean, safe, and comfortable.
- Create content for Instagram. Keep folks up to date on what's happening at Launch House by posting stories and posts regularly. If interested, we also encourage using Twitter.
- Ultimately, ensure members have a high quality experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of before. Member experience must be 10000%.
We are a team of 10 and are committed to building a robust remote-friendly, diverse and inclusive workplace.
We use Slack, Discord, Notion, and Airtable to keep us moving fast and stay organized, and only have two weekly meetings: a Monday Kickoff and a casual Friday team chat that we call Tea Time 🍵.
Check out this video.
There are a lot of things to like about working at Launch House, here are a few:
- Serve some of the most incredible founders, influencers and investors every day
- Ground-floor opportunity — have a huge impact, ride the wave
- Stay in a Launch House location (currently LA and NYC) whenever you like
- Delicious food at Launch House (for locations that provide it)
- Infinite vacation so you can take a breather when you need to
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years experience in community, VC platform, incubators, or coworking spaces
- Communicate well — strong written and verbal is a must
- Deeply empathize — you love people and people pleasing
- Are detail-oriented — you're known to think through every possible scenario
- Are highly organized — you can juggle a lot of different things and manage your time well
- Are comfortable with ambiguity — startups are unpredictable so you must be flexible
You are a great fit if you:
- Are future-oriented - if you're excited about crypto, the metaverse, and anything else like that, you're our vibe.
- Have worked with entrepreneurs and influencers (or are one yourself) - that's what our community is made of after all!
- Have experience with photography/videography and social media (Instagram, TikTok) - we produce content at the house and may need your help