Launch House is a new kind of community for top founders and creators. We're a cross between SoHo House, Y Combinator, and WeWork — focused on bringing together high quality people and accelerating their careers through authentic connections.
Michael Houck (ex. Airbnb PM), Brett Goldstein (ex. Google M&A), and Jacob Peters (ex. Commsor cofounder) started Launch House in 2020 in response to the isolation felt during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are funded by a growing list of incredible community-minded investors like Flybridge Capital and Balaji Srinivasan.
ABOUT the role
We’re launching a completely new type of digital community experience for startup founders, and are looking for a special community builder to help us make it happen.
You’ll be the lead for taking this new virtual community from 0 to 1 and driving the end-to-end product vision.
The ideal teammate for this role has strong community building experience, is equal parts visionary and executor, and has a passion for helping startups and empathy for the founder journey.
- Build hundreds of new relationships with some of the most ambitious people in the world
- Help design, maintain, and evolve the new Launch House Metaverse location and Discord Community.
- Lead the community application and onboarding process: screening, interviewing, candidate selection, and closing candidates. We add new community members a few times per year via 4 week cohorts that serve as 'onboarding' to the full community.
- Manage all digital programming — planning, hosting, and designing events.
- Create mechanisms to maximize engagemment and make the community self-organizing and self-sustaining. Empower members to build and run components of the community.
- Social promotion and content creation – publicly elevate community members, share your community building philosophies and musings, and work with our growth team to drive community awareness.
- Work with to our product team to offer input as we build out our 'digital campus' platform.
- Design and launch new experimental initiatives and products for the community based on feedback and your own ideas –– take projects from 0 to 1.
- Ultimately, ensure members have a mind-blowing experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of before. Member experience must be 10000%.
We are a team of 10 and are committed to building a robust remote-friendly, diverse and inclusive workplace.
We use Slack, Discord, Notion, and Airtable to keep us moving fast and stay organized, and only have two weekly meetings: a Monday Kickoff and a casual Friday team chat that we call Tea Time 🍵.
Check out this video.
There are a lot of things to like about working at Launch House, here are a few:
- Serve some of the most incredible founders, influencers and investors every day
- Ground-floor opportunity — have a huge impact, ride the wave
- Stay in a Launch House location (currently LA and NYC) whenever you like
- Delicious food at Launch House (for locations that provide it)
- Infinite vacation so you can take a breather when you need to
You are a great fit if you have:
- High output, execution, and hustle.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional community building experience.
- Unique interpersonal skills, charisma, and you enjoy building new relationships.
- A passion for helping startups and empathy for the founder journey.
- Social media savviness.
- A forward-thinking nature. Bonus points if you are interested in or excited by meme culture, web3, and the principles of decentralized community building.