Launch House is a new kind of community for top founders and creators. We're a cross between SoHo House, Y Combinator, and WeWork — focused on bringing together high quality people and accelerating their careers through authentic connections.
Michael Houck (ex. Airbnb PM), Brett Goldstein (ex. Google M&A), and Jacob Peters (ex. Commsor cofounder) started Launch House in 2020 in response to the isolation felt during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are funded by a growing list of incredible community-minded investors like Flybridge Capital and Balaji Srinivasan.
ABOUT the role
We're looking for a scrappy, entrepreneurially-minded operator and community manager to travel the world launching pop-up residencies, events, and other experiences for Launch House members and the global startup community. The ideal candidate has a background working in the startup world, deep empathy for the founder journey and loves to travel.
- Manage an ambitious calendar of activations and high profile + large events surrounding major conferences in significant tech hubs around the world
- Plan and execute 1-2 month pop-up Launch House residency programs in cities around the world
- Build hundreds of new relationships with some of the most ambitious people in the world in every city you land in
- Plan and execute major events, residencies, and other experiences for startup communities around the world
- Communicate with the local community or cohort via Discord, email and text.
- Leverage our product and remote operations teams to ensure a seamless experience — utilize URL to improve IRL.
- Coordinate with the landlords, cleaners, contractors, and other service workers to ensure a high quality end product
- Create content for Instagram. Keep folks up to date on what's happening at Launch House where you're activating by posting stories and posts regularly.
- Ultimately, ensure members have a high quality experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of before. Member experience must be 10000%.
We are a team of 10 and are committed to building a robust remote-friendly, diverse and inclusive workplace.
We use Slack, Discord, Notion, and Airtable to keep us moving fast and stay organized, and only have two weekly meetings: a Monday Kickoff and a casual Friday team chat that we call Tea Time 🍵.
Check out this video.
There are a lot of things to like about working at Launch House, here are a few:
- Serve some of the most incredible founders, influencers and investors every day
- Ground-floor opportunity — have a huge impact, ride the wave
- Stay in a Launch House location (currently LA and NYC) whenever you like
- Delicious food at Launch House (for locations that provide it)
- Infinite vacation so you can take a breather when you need to
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years experience in community, VC platform, incubators/accelerators, operations, logistics or events
- Are comfortable on the go — you will be traveling a lot and you're all about it
- Communicate well — strong written and verbal is a must
- Deeply empathize — you love people and people pleasing
- Are detail-oriented — you're known to think through every possible scenario
- Are highly organized — you can juggle a lot of different things and manage your time well
- Are comfortable with ambiguity — startups are unpredictable so you must be flexible
You are a great fit if you:
- Have experience with photography/videography and social media (Instagram, TikTok) — we produce content at the house and may need your help
- Are future-oriented — if you're excited about crypto, the metaverse, and anything else like that, you're our vibe.
- Have worked with entrepreneurs and influencers (or are one yourself) — that's what our community is made of after all!