Hopscotch is B2B payments platform that facilitates instant, fee-free transactions. We’re backed by a select group of investors including NOEMIS Ventures, Stellation Capital, Valar Ventures, Valor Equity Partners, 3KVC, NfX, Red&Blue Ventures, and others.
Let’s jump into Hopscotch.
Small business expectations are changing, and seamless payments are table stakes. Decision-makers want and deserve rapid payments, simplicity, and greater connectivity.
At Hopscotch, we believe the flow of money between businesses should mirror the seamless flow of money between individuals. As former small business owners ourselves, we’re all too familiar with the intricacies of getting paid and making payments to service providers. Hopscotch’s stored value accounts and consumer-like business profiles enable us to create an unmatched payments experience.
But our vision extends beyond a payments platform. We’re building a destination for small businesses to connect, transact, and grow together. A simple, easy-to-use interface. A community of businesses thriving. Together. As one.
ABOUT the role
The Lead Frontend Engineer will work closely with the Head of Engineering and Product to design, build, and maintain the Hopscotch user interface. We’re looking for an engineer with strong knowledge of UI architecture, design, and development principles. This position requires basic understanding of the financial technology domain.
On the daily.
- Lead the development of the Hopscotch 2.0 Product user interface by translating designs and wireframes specified in the design specification into high-quality code as this will be on-street clients.
- Collaborate in design sessions with the Head of Product and Lead Designer to ensure technology is in place for realizing those designs and open up conversations to richer designs from your past experience.
- Spearhead the foundation of data structure on the client side and build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Address UI related issues with a sense of urgency as we are an on-street client facing application.
- Find near term solutions and put in place intermediate and long term solutions.
- Communicate transparently and effectively about the design and development tradeoffs being made between functionality, security and performance
- Have a strong desire to quickly learn the essentials of the gaps in any of the below-mentioned stack items.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and independent/sound judgment.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, very responsive, hands-on, and willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished UI engineer, with 5-7 years of UI technologies experience and has been part of a complete project lifecycle.
- Strong models and component-driven UI developer with intimate knowledge of reactive UI frameworks like React/Redux.
- Understanding of Angular and other competing frameworks is a plus.
- Strong understanding of CSS3 & CSS preprocessors ( Less, SCSS, etc.) and working knowledge of HTML5.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and familiarity with more current specifications of React Hooks.
- Working knowledge of node.js and understanding of Java is a plus not required.
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture, Websocket based Real time applications.
- Basic understanding of Relational Databases (Postgres / MySql) and NoSql.