Hazel is a line of luxe, innovative femme care for the ever-evolving woman. We’re empowering her with elevated, ground-breaking products – starting with a disposable brief for incontinence.
Legacy players control the market, so they have no incentive to innovate. They are still offering her a bulky, diaper-like solution. We’re making her feel seen and understood with a disposable brief that's super-thin, powerfully absorbent, and looks and feels like a chic pair of underwear.
We embrace everything that comes with being a woman – even leaks. We believe in talking about taboos and subverting stereotypes. We’re here to make women feel less ashamed and alienated, and more like their empowered marvelous selves as they age.
ABOUT the role
We’re seeking a highly analytical, empathetic, and organized Supply Chain Leader to drive operations and supply chain efforts. This role offers the unique opportunity to build and influence Hazel’s Supply Chain from the ground up. You’ll be directly involved with product innovation and development – setting the standard for the company’s day-to-day operations. Reporting to the CEO, you will be considered one of the founding members, as this is a “first three” full-time hire. This role is critical in reimagining today’s consumer experience as you will get to make a direct impact on how Hazel performs and achieves company-defining goals for growth, profitability, and customer happiness.
- Work with key team members to build Hazel's product roadmap and its operations footprint
- Plan and execute large cross-functional projects
- Lead data-driven, technology-enabled improvement efforts to help efficiently scale, make smarter business decisions and improve customer and profitability metrics
- Manage relationships with key factories to ensure consistent production volume and quality; facilitate user testing programs to help identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with Product Development and Sourcing teams to optimize product materials, packaging, and production to maximize product margins and production capacity
- Manage the team responsible for daily oversight of items fulfillment, returns management, costing accuracy, inventory management, accuracy of inventory receipts, and integration management
- Own and establish relationships with 3PL partners, packaging vendors, and shipping partners overseeing warehousing and inbound/outbound transportation
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- High-quality health insurance
- Complex challenges way beyond your comfort zone
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people who care about driving forward Hazel’s mission
- 8+ years in operations and supply chain management, CPG/FMCG
- Experience in wellness and beauty products strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of ecommerce and retail fulfillment processes and experience managing both
- Proven track record of operational delivery in supply chain across manufacturing, distribution, planning, logistics, inventory management, warehousing, and retail/ecommerce fulfillment
- Experience building out global supply chains and distribution to support international expansion
- Confident in holding both employees and external vendors to high standards
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, generate ideas, build consensus, and execute efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Customer-focused and empathetic, always looking at a challenge through the eyes of our consumer
- Passion about building a new kind of femme care brand
- A connection to Hazel’s mission