Hazel is a line of luxe, innovative femme care for the ever-evolving woman. We’re empowering her with elevated, ground-breaking products – starting with a disposable brief for incontinence.
Legacy players control the market, so they have no incentive to innovate. They are still offering her a bulky, diaper-like solution. We’re making her feel seen and understood with a disposable brief that's super-thin, powerfully absorbent, and looks and feels like a chic pair of underwear.
We embrace everything that comes with being a woman – even leaks. We believe in talking about taboos and subverting stereotypes. We’re here to make women feel less ashamed and alienated, and more like their empowered marvelous selves as they age.
ABOUT the role
We’re seeking a data-driven, empathetic, and creative Director of Growth Marketing to lead acquisition and retention for our subscription business. You’ll be in full control of Hazel’s growth strategy – from the ground up. This position Is great for someone who wants to be close to the strategy and execution of brand and product design, merchandising, and the analytical side of a high-growth consumer business. You’ll be directly involved with design, operations, and product development in order to set the standard for Hazel’s growth marketing approach.
Growth Strategy & Execution
- Define the goals, core strategies, and the most efficient tactics to drive cost-effective acquisition and retention for our subscription business
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for DTC, and work in partnership with Operations on overall forecasting and demand planning
Customer Insights and Strategy
- Develop integrated marketing plans and programs that fuel customer discovery, interest, engagement, and retention
Creative Strategy & Development
- Closely partner with Creative to develop highly converting ad assets
- Develop, execute, own and manage testing optimization strategies spanning ad assets, landing pages, targeting, media tactics, and new media channels
Performance Reporting & Analytics
- Develop a team, across both internal talent and external agencies to deliver business results, making a judgment call on what is best managed in-house vs. externally
- Determine success metrics (existing and new) and performance reporting across all forms of performance paid media; set targets, define attribution methodology, and build custom models to ensure decisions lead to desired ROI and brand health in the long run
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape, market opportunities, customer acquisition KPIs, and champion information dissemination throughout the organization
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- High-quality health insurance
- Complex challenges way beyond your comfort zone
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people who care about driving forward Hazel’s mission
- 8+ years marketing experience across DTC brands, paid and organic search, paid social and digital advertising, personalized communications, across both web and mobile
- Extensive experience setting goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, and delivering against monthly spend, CPA, LTV, and ROI targets across all forms of marketing
- Experience managing multi-functional in-house teams and external agencies
- Highly analytical mindset with data-driven decision-making within imperfect or incomplete information environment.
- Can combine these deep analytical skills with consumer empathy, to ensure we are always delivering delightful, customer-centric experiences
- Proven track record of operator development and passion for building high-output, cross-functional teams
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Strong technical acumen and hands-on experience with “ecommerce basics” tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Klaviyo, etc.