Formic is a new type of automation solutions provider, bundling robotics, system integration, financing, service & maintenance with our proprietary suite of technologies in order to drastically increase the amount of robotics deployed in manufacturing. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors and are growing our team quickly.
ABOUT the role
As an application engineer at Formic, you will be responsible for working with customers and vendors to evaluate and manage the deployment of turnkey automation solutions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a variety of manufacturing environments and working closely with customers.
- Manage automation projects throughout their lifecycle
- Work with the sales team to evaluate robotic application feasibility.
- Work with customers to gather information required to provide a final turnkey proposal including layout, cycle time, payload, product variation, etc.
- Work with vendors and communicate the necessary information to quote the system.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Commission machines to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements including testing and onsite startup
- Provide technical support to customers
- Work with the end user throughout the life of the contract to ensure maximum machine performance and capacity
- Continually research the best technologies in robotics and automation
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales, applications, and support throughout the sales process.
Approximately 50% required.
Competitive market rate salary based on experience + bonus + meaningful equity in fast growing, venture backed startup company.
- 2+ years of experience working with automation equipment (FANUC, Universal Robots, Yaskawa, etc.) or in an applications engineering role
- Experience overseeing the deployment of robots for applications such as machine tending, welding, palletization, or material handling.
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do real deployments
Someone hungry to learn, and grow in a fast-paced environment
- A clear verbal and written communicator
- Proficiency in using and interpreting technical drawings and CAD
- Knowledge of additional automation or general manufacturing equipment (conveyance, machine tools, welding supplies, electronics, safety equipment, etc.)
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience interfacing directly with customers