Endla is a hard tech software company building the next generation of software for engineers working with physical assets. Endla is an fast-paced startup that just went through YCombinator (the most renouned startup accelerator in the world) in the S21 batch. Today we serve publicly listed companies in the oil and gas sector with autodesign software which increases the value of the wells.
ABOUT the role
In this role, you will be helping to enhance the existing functionality of our software and delivering new features with a clear focus on delivering value for our clients. This job will challenge both your software skills and engineering talent.
Our work differs from your standard software engineering role you’d be accustomed to. You will get to build the backend for next generation auto-design and auto-optimisation software for process engineering applications. This requires not just strong software skills but also first principles thinking to solve engineering problems. The code contributed to will be use and relied on by engineers to deliver higher performing physical assets that have a real impact on the energy supply chain. You’ll get to work closely with our users and form productive working relationships.
- Provide strategic direction on the backend development
- Build efficient and reusable backend systems
- Participate in backend design and code reviews
- Creation of tests and performing QA.
- Develop process modelling, simulation and optimisation features in partnership with our team and customers
- Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions
- Be a foundational member of Endla and help create and grow a strong company culture
- Mentor and train other engineers in software best practices and design techniques
- Flexible work
- Real projects and ownership of your work
- Startup culture
- Remote work and flexible hours
- Competitive salary (negotiable based on experience), superannuation (10%), employee share options
Qualifications & Requirements
- Python development experience
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in building complex software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Interest and desire to learn about heavy industries and the engineering work that delivers resources to the global economy
- React + Redux Toolkit + Bootstrap
- Python + Django + Django Rest Framework + Django Channels
- AWS: Fargate, Lambda
- Python libraries: Numpy, Pandas, NetworkX, Tensorflow, Keras