Passionate about education and having a real impact as a PM? Ready to roll up your sleeves and work with the Co-Founders and Founding Team to grow a high-potential, early stage startup?
EarlyDay is a fast-growing, well-funded startup building the first and only vertical talent marketplace for the early childhood education industry. In just one year of operations we have become the go-to marketplace for preschool hiring in New York, Texas, and Illinois, but we’ve only scratched the surface and we’re still a small team where you can have outsized impact. We recently raised an oversubscribed Seed round from top investors and couldn’t be more excited to grow.
At EarlyDay, we are committed to building up the early childhood education industry. We are a dynamic and passionate remote/distributed team of start-up junkies, former teachers, moms, and dog dads. The Founding Team has scaled and exited another two-sided marketplace together before leveraging that experience to make EarlyDay a success.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity + benefits)
- We believe in the power of offering our employees equity to be owners in EarlyDay
- Benefits package includes fully covered health insurance
- Unlimited PTO and public holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fully-remote team; work from where you are most productive
- Strong career growth opportunities; we see you as a long term hire that will continue to grow and advance in your career at EarlyDay
- Experienced and supportive team; we want you to succeed just as much as we want EarlyDay to
This is an opportunity to be the first Product Designer at an early stage Seed-funded startup and be a crucial member of our Founding Team.
Our platform makes it faster and easier for preschools and childcare centers to hire pre-screened, qualified educators. As the sole designer for our web-based product, you will own all user-facing aspects of our school- and teacher-facing platform to ensure an intuitive, elegant user experience. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, low-ego, highly-motivated Founding Product Designer to shape the future of our product.
As our platform is used by both schools (to hire) and teachers (to find work), you’ll get to work on unique and exciting UI/UX challenges for both users. And with our lean and talented product team, you’ll see your designs become reality just days after you create them–quickly rolling out to impact our thousands of users.
What You’ll Do
- Define our product design vision and collaborate with our Founding Team on the overall direction of our product
- Serve as the primary voice of both our school and teacher users by continuously researching and understanding their needs
- Collaborate with the sales and customer success teams to incorporate user feedback into new flows, features, and interfaces, and help us prioritize what to build
- Design end-to-end user workflows, build prototypes, deliver polished screens, and oversee their pixel-perfect execution all the way to production
- Work closely with our engineering team to iterate on designs and ensure successful product launches and user adoption
- Evolve our UI/UX as we release new features and expand into different product lines (e.g., substitute teacher matching)
- Grow the design DNA at our company, with opportunities in the future to mentor/manage junior designers and product managers
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of product design experience
- Experience translating user research into intuitive interfaces for web-based applications
- Awareness of product-level impact and metrics embedded in design
- Advanced knowledge of design tools (Figma, Photoshop) and functional knowledge (enough to communicate with an engineer!) of common front-end technologies (React, HTML, CSS)
- Motivation to join an early stage startup and be part of a tight-knit, high-performing team
- Curious nature, low-ego personality, and “no job is too small” attitude
- Nice to have: passion for education and especially early childhood education!
We are a fully remote team and we are open to candidates from around the world, with at least 3 hours overlap with Pacific Time.