DataRemote is looking for a Back End Engineer candidate to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable microservices. The candidate will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to provide excellent customer service and provide valuable feedback to the product development team.
- Analyze, design and develop backend solutions in concert with front end engineers
- Build operational systems that improve business efficiency through advanced tools, automation, and business process integration.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- 8+ year experience working with technologies like Python, Linux, AWS, MySQL
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in software development, and preferably familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST.