We're on a mission to provide every human being with access to economic opportunity. Avala is looking for world-class talent ready to tackle challenging projects that will ultimately enable a more abundant economic future for all humanity.
We’ve raised several millions of dollars in funding of venture capital, from Valor Equity Partners, Flybridge Capital, Wonder Ventures, Draft Ventures, MaC Ventures, and many other high profile investors. Happy to tell you how much over the phone. We are a post-Series Seed company.
ABOUT the role
We are seeking a Technical Product Lead to create experiences to delight customers.
- Deeply understand customers and surface the most important problems to solve through user research and analysis.
- Create the long-term vision for features with significant customer and company impact and execute on product features from idea generation to launch.
- Own and/or maintain a roadmap(s) and keep all stakeholders in sync.
- Lead cross-functional projects with diverse stakeholders (engineering and design).
- Define success metrics, and measure outcomes to improve and iterate.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to arrive at the detailed solutions to problems, plan launch scope, and break down scope into launch iterations.
- Mentor and manage the engineering team, providing guidance on best practices, and planning their career growth.
We encourage any candidate who meets 70% of these qualifications to still apply!
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a fast-growth tech startup,
- Has previously founded a company or been an early employee of a startup.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS companies or products.
- Experience working with AI in production, research, or academic settings.
- Experience working in and around products in the AI and ML space.
- Code competency: a basic understanding of the capabilities and limitations of React and related frameworks
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights from data sets, analyze product usage, measure adoption, and understand needs
- Deep experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Expert communication skills that can leverage the benefits of a semi-distributed engineering team
- The ability to be autonomous, driven, and self-directed
Nice to haves:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence specialization
- Experiences with labeling applications