We're on a mission to provide every human being with access to economic opportunity. Avala is looking for world-class talent ready to tackle challenging projects that will ultimately enable a more abundant economic future for all humanity.
We’ve raised several millions of dollars in funding of venture capital, from Valor Equity Partners, Flybridge Capital, Wonder Ventures, Draft Ventures, MaC Ventures, and many other high profile investors. Happy to tell you how much over the phone. We are a post-Series Seed company.
ABOUT the role
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join us in originating, developing, and launching new experiences.
- Drive the ideation and concept development for new experiences while partnering with development teams on defining the concept and vision for our products.
- Translate the vision and roadmap into engaging and well-balanced features and systems. Discover opportunities for and conceptualize new systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Partner with development teams to create and evangelize a product roadmap that supports the company vision and performance goals.
- Communicate and coordinate with the wider design & development team throughout the development process, iterating on designs, features, and processes until we get it right.
- Test and tune balance throughout the product life cycle.
We encourage any candidate who meets 50% of these qualifications to still apply!
- Proven experience working with a team that had been involved in developing and shipping at least one high quality web and/or mobile app that reached scale.
- Proven experience driving product features from inception to launch, with iterative development, getting feedback early and often, and making data driven decisions.
- Experience documenting, modeling, and developing system designs.
- Effective communication - you communicate frequently, directly and clearly; You are great at giving feedback and receiving feedback.
- Great attention to detail, positive attitude and a team player spirit.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves.
Nice to haves:
- Leadership. A track record of driving digital product design projects from research through release and shipping at scale (3+ years of experience).
- Portfolio. An impressive body of work that highlights your diverse design skillset.
- Domain expertise. Unique viewpoints on design tools, mapping software, data visualization, and graphics applications that add something new to the team.
- Technical chops. Exposure to AI, machine learning, or computer vision will be helpful. Bonus points for frontend web development.
- Internationalization. Experience designing for a global audiences with a variety of different needs.
- Initiative. Examples of how you have proactively identified problems and rallied support in the past.