We're on a mission to provide every human being with access to economic opportunity. Avala is looking for world-class talent ready to tackle challenging projects that will ultimately enable a more abundant economic future for all humanity.
We’ve raised several millions of dollars in funding of venture capital, from Valor Equity Partners, Flybridge Capital, Wonder Ventures, Draft Ventures, MaC Ventures, and many other high profile investors. Happy to tell you how much over the phone. We are a post-Series Seed company.
ABOUT the role
We are seeking a Designer who can Code with an eye for clean, high fidelity 3D design, motion graphics and animation for our web and mobile products.
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution.
- Polish each feature in code. (We love to hire designers who can code so there's no back-and-forth handoff with engineering — this helps us move fast!)
- Partner closely with our Community & Support team to understand what users need, want, and love about Notion. Use this data to plan and scope our product roadmap.
- Create design systems that are simple to understand but help us to move faster as we scale. (But don't go overboard with it. We're pretty sure premature optimization is one of the deadly sins.)
- Work with marketing to devise new ways to tell great stories throughout the user lifecycle, and across our site, product, help guides and other channels.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, participate in strategic product discussions aimed at improving quality and processes, and work in a fast paced environment, guaranteeing high quality delivery at all times.
We encourage any candidate who meets 70% of these qualifications to still apply!
- You can create pixel-perfect visual designs (UI).
- You can untangle hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use (or wish they could use) products (UX).
- You care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of your designs. You don't get stuck on pretty UI, and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- You like to tell stories using both words and visuals, and strategize the best way to make your point.
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience contributing to a feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- You've worked at a startup before.
- Solid foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc.
- Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment.
- Ability to visualize and conceptualize props
- Attention to development pipelines and target milestones.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.